Thursday, April 15, 2010

Why I don't like Blogging

I figured out the real reason why I don't like blogging. At the beginning of the semester I thought that this reluctance to type messages on an online page that can be cute-sified and scrapbooked to the heart's desire, was because if I started this blogging business I wouldn't be able to stop; I would keep posting pictures and stories and changing the layout and fonts and adding little accents everywhere.

Well...I finally figured out why I do not like blogging!

It is an audience issue. The audience of a blog could be a few class members and a teacher to someone clear across the world. And we all know that audience affects writing. So, if I don't know my audience, how can a write?

1 comment:

  1. That is a very true problem with online writing. If it's a class blog, then audience is easy, but if not, you're never sure who is or isn't listening. It does make the writing feel more "hollow". I think one way to avoid this is to create an audience (like we did in this class with blogging buddies) and then if anyone else wants to "listen in" they can.

    ReplyDelete